24 November 2010

Music Tuesday: Laura Veirs

 Photo by David Belisle
 Today's artist is Laura Veirs, a Portland, Oregon-based singer/songwriter.  I am pretty new to her music, and first heard her live this fall in Madison in a small club called The Frequency.  Apparently the band had to drive along the highway rumble strip on the way to the show in order to lull Laura's baby to sleep, and they had a baby monitor on stage!  Needless to say, Laura is charming.  She put on such a good show and even though it didn't start until 11, my wife stayed up until the end!  (That's a real stretch for her, as I'm sure several of you know) 

Below is the video for one of our favorite songs, I Can See Your Tracks.   Katie and I learned this song and I've still got a ways to go on the guy's part. Maybe I was inspired by going deer hunting this weekend (I was a pacifist observer), but I sure do like looking at a living deer in a music video.



You can download several of her songs here (she's released 7 albums) and see vids of her in concert here. My favorites by her, in addition to the song above, include July Flame and Life is Good Blues.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment