03 November 2010

Music Tuesday: Black Dub




I first heard this song on my favorite streaming radio station KCRW and it reminded me of some of the Zero 7 songs that came out a few years ago.  This latest project is led by Daniel Lanois, who has produced albums for Peter Gabriel, Bob Dylan, and lots of U2's best work alongside Brian Eno.  Black Dub is made up of Trixie Whitley on vocals, Daryl Johnson on bass, and one of my favorite jazz drummers, Brian Blade.  What an awesome name for a drummer!  I first saw him play with Joshua Redman, and he's a ton of fun to watch.  Black Dub's album drops today, listen to it free for a limited time only here or here and listen to their radio premiere and live interview/show here.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of KCRW but I will check it out. I doubt it will top KEXP though. ;)

    -kristy

    ReplyDelete