20 February 2011

Sometimes we have protests

 Miles Island tends to be a pretty apolitical place, but this was too good not to share.  Pity the gorilla couldn't spell governor correctly--or maybe that's the point.  I think I didn't learn how to spell that word until at least 3rd or 4th year of college!  In any case, I do believe that these images show what  free speech and democracy are all about--the peaceful scene within (and outside) the capitol was heartwarming and something I think everyone can be proud of, regardless of where they stand on the current issues at hand.  How wonderful to live in a country where pink gorillas and peaceful assembly are acceptable, and where the fear of violence is virtually nonexistent.  Jump around!





This song has been in my head lately, partly because I just saw the Wailers a couple weeks ago, and partly because I think it applies quite nicely to the senators on the run and all.  The chorus is pretty jammin too...

No comments:

Post a Comment