23 February 2011

Music Wednesday: Dan Auerbach

 Photo by James Quine
Dan Auerbach rocks.  And he folks.  And he certainly has soul.  His is a voice that is equally able to soar over his screaming guitar, and just as easily sing in whispers.  Many of you probably know him as one of the members of the Black Keys, which I've also been into lately, considering the current political environment, and my search for Birkie pump-up music.  (More on the Birkie later this week)  What I particularly appreciate is his generosity on his myspace: 14 songs for your listening pleasure.  I've also thrown in a few videos--2 of Dan and 1 of him in the Black Keys (pg-13!).  Enjoy!

Photo by MCT campus





2 comments:

  1. Hey Miles, long time!

    Saw this post and had to comment. My brother sent me the "Keep it Hid" cd, and when my three-year-old heard track 2 playing, he said, "Dada, this sounds like a steaming freight train!"

    After a lot of thought I realized I couldn't come up with a better description...

    Hope all is well, Miles. Always neat to see your blog adventures...

    mike polefka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike... I think you're right, sometimes kids are much more articulate than us old folks! Hope you're still writing these days...

    ReplyDelete