04 April 2012

A Perfect Thatched-Roof Home

 A perfect cozy home.  One of the nicest I've seen in all my travels.  Sleeping under a roof like this in the rain must be kind of like sleeping in a tent--much better than the metal roofs that seem to be so in vogue these days.  Need to learn the alphabet or numbers 1-20?  Just write it on the window cover, of course.
 The insides of these homes are serious works of art. 

A different home, to be fair, but definitely fits the theme.  True wallflowers. 


4 comments:

  1. I can imagine how breezy it is inside this cozy home. The thatched roof looks amazing. I wonder how long it took the folks to build such a beautiful house. Yes, the insides are equally wonderful as the entire house.


    -Eugene Head

    ReplyDelete
  2. “The insides of these homes are serious works of art. “ – Indeed! This is why I really salute every Thatcher. Aside from creating a roof that really needs dexterity, they also help to prolong and preserve the classic approach in building a structure.

    William Gulliver

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve always wanted to live in a hut and experience how it would feel like. It’s so native and it makes me feel comfortable by simply looking at it. With that thatched roof, I’m definitely sure that I’ll be hibernating from dusk till dawn.
    - Patrica Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these comments all! I'm moving to Rwanda soon, although I've seen fewer thatch roofs there than in Western Kenya, where these shots are from. Stay tuned for more huts and cottages posts, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete