30 October 2011

The Bird Nest in My Office

 I knew something was slightly unusual when little tiny twigs began fall on my desk at work.  Looking up, I realized that I was in fact sitting below a very dynamic bird nest.  For some reason the birds keep adding twigs to the nest even though they have plenty already, so the excess nest keeps trailing down the wall and falling onto my computer.  I don't mind though.  At my last office, in a cube, I only had a cactus (thanks to a kind workmate, Lynda), but I must say having the cozy home of a family of songbirds so near makes work seem a little less like work.  That's what it's like on the island. 

2 comments:

  1. Those nests are hysterical. Why is there a hole in your wall? Is this for ventilation? The birds seem frustrated because the twigs keep falling out of their nest. Maybe you need some screen on the inside end of the vent holes. That would keep mosquitoes out as well, right?

    ReplyDelete