06 July 2011

Music Tuesday: Florence and the Machine

 photographer unknown
And we're back!  Sorry it's been awhile folks... sometimes you just gotta ditch the computer and get outside.  After all, it's summer on the island!  So today I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know but just in case you were late getting on the bandwagon (er, machine rather) like I was, Florence and the Machine has the sounds for summer.  I think I first heard the remix of You've Got the Love by XX, and I was sold before I even heard the unremix.  Tomorrow we're seeing her at Summerfest with the Black Keys, so maybe I'll post a tiny spec of a picture from the show in the next coupla days...

In the meantime, your best bet is to take a listen to Cosmic Love, Dog Days are Over, Rabbit Song, Kiss with a Fist, and Drumming Song.  Check out this link for a nice acoustic set from KEXP.  Enjoy!





Thanks to M + M for the heads up on the video below... I've watched this so many times that I now feel like pulling a fit if I don't get to hear my favorite Flo song (Cosmic) at least once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment