02 March 2011

Our Neighbor Iceland

 photo by gunnisal

Well, I've returned from the land of the Birkebeiners and even though I nearly froze to death (should have gone with the birchbark leggings over the racing suit), I've still got wanderlust to venture to Iceland.  I started looking at tickets, and am finding pretty reasonable fares... apparently Miles Island isn't too far away.  These photos are all by gunnisal on flickr, which I found via Kris Atomic's fantastic Iceland post.  Have you been?  Should I go in spring, summer, fall?  I think maybe this is the year...

 photo by gunnisal
 
photo by gunnisal
photo by gunnisal
photo by gunnisal
photo by gunnisal

photo by gunnisal
photo by gunnisal

2 comments:

  1. You might want to read David Byrne's journal posts about his time in Reykjavík and the countryside last spring, after the eruption: http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2010/05/051210-reykjav%C3%ADk-arts-festival-part-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miles - I recommend June or July, when the vegetation is at peak green. Whenever you go, you've got to get to Myvatn!

    ReplyDelete