26 October 2010

Pumpkin Carving Party

 This weekend I was lucky to get invited by a couple friends to a pumpkin carving party.  The evening would have probably been even more hilarious if we were ALL in costumes (only my friends were) but suffice it to say it was a fun time.  I think the last time I carved a pumpkin was maybe 15 years ago, and we sure weren't carving like they are now.  The host had laid out dozens (hundreds?) of paper patterns organized by category, such as popular cartoon characters, Hollywood, etc.  The garage was also tripped out with tables, bags to catch seeds and scooped pumpkin, a surgeon's array of tools, floodlights, and some great local brew.  As it was my first time carving more than triangle eyes, I stuck to Wallace from Wallace and Gromit fame.  My friend Paul went for a slightly more advanced design, as you'll see below... enjoy!  (and thanks Paul, Adrienne,  Geneva and hosts for letting me come along!)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment